Our Montgomery sleep apnea treatment will make you happier to face each day and help you enjoy peaceful rest at night. Though treatment is simple at Carmichael Dental Care, sleep apnea is a complicated condition that requires professional attention.Dr. Keahey on Sleep Apnea Read Transcript
Sleep apnea patients that we have—although, as a dentist, we cannot diagnose sleep apnea, it is diagnosed through a sleep physician. There are a few options other than a CPAP machine. We do offer options of mouthguard pieces that can be made to help with sleep apnea.
What we're trying to do is open the airway into the back and this appliance, for most of them, works by pulling the lower jaw forward while you're wearing the appliance, without damage to the joint or muscle tissue, to open up the airway when you're relaxed. We have patients that CPAP machines are not comfortable, they have a hard time with the dryness and there's also having the full face or the nasal pad.
And the sleep bite system, or the apnea appliance, is the secondary group that we can do. CPAP has always been the number one piece to start with.
Dr. Chet Swartzentruber and our team treat you so you can:
- Stop snoring, which disrupts your sleep and the sleep of those who live with you
- Enjoy improved overall health, since sleep apnea is linked to serious medical conditions
- Enhance your ability to function in your career and relationships, since this has been known to cause exhaustion and irritation
Call 334-600-1423 to schedule a consultation with your dentist at our friendly office.
We Offer A Simple Solution To Relieve Your Sleep Apnea Symptoms
A stress-free exam, sleep study, and noninvasive treatment from Carmichael Dental Care will make a major difference in your life, whether you’re awake or asleep. It may be surprising to find out that your lack of rest at night can be solved with dentistry. We provide oral appliances that will:
- Gently shift your jaw into a better place so you can breathe easily at night
- Be customized to fit comfortably in your mouth
- Last for years with proper maintenance
Avoid The Dangers of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea, the most common type, is caused by the soft tissues in the back of your throat collapsing at night while you’re sleeping. When this occurs, you’re unable to receive oxygen as you should, leading to:
- Increased risk of stroke, heart disease, and diabetes
- Consistent loud snoring
- Fatigue or exhaustion, even if you’ve slept a reasonable amount of time according to the clock
- Forgetfulness and/or confusion during the day
Your dentist performs a quick and easy exam called the Mallampati test to determine if your tongue, soft palate, or other areas of your mouth are affecting your breathing. He may also recommend a sleep study to confirm a diagnosis. Once he is sure you’re dealing with sleep apnea, he’ll provide your customized mouthguard to help you feel better each day and gain the rest you need each night.
Call 334-600-1423 to consult with your dentist. You can also reach us through our online form to schedule your appointment or ask any questions about our Montgomery sleep apnea treatment. Be sure to schedule your next regular checkup as well.