In addition to providing patients excellent dental care in our office, Dr. Chet Swartzentruber contributes to the community outside of our office doors. Some of his many involvements include:Dr. Swartzentruber on Community Involvement Read Transcript
Recently, we helped sponsor an organization called ‘Shoot 4 Life,’ and it basically started with an athlete, a basketball player, whose mother had died of cancer. So he wanted to bring awareness to that, you know, to cancer, and he actually, just this past month, broke the Guinness Book of World Records for most free throws made in a 24 hour period and with that platform, he's able to ... his acronym is WORLD: widows, orphans, recovering (like addicts), and then leaders, and then diversity. So, with that acronym, he's able to take, and then give back to the community, as they see that needs to be done. So yeah, Shoot 4 Life.
So, we did a sponsorship. We volunteered at the activity. It takes a lot of organization to put on an event that goes 24 hours. I mean, just rebounding, and checking people in, and getting people to come at the certain times, and making sure all the slots are full—a lot of organization.
- Contributing efforts to Shoot For Life ministries, which assists both children and adults by providing:
- Counsel for adults dealing with addiction, obesity, financial issues, and more
- Scholarships for children who don’t have the means to participate in sports
- Acting as an officer in the Second District Dental Society
- Remaining an active member of:
- The Alabama Dental Association
- The Academy of General Dentistry
- The American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Contributing to Donated Dental Services in Alabama to provide free dental care to those in need