Dr. Chet Swartzentruber of Carmichael Dental Care in Montgomery, AL, understands how devastating dental anxiety can be. It not only makes visits to the dentist difficult, but it can also cause harm to smiles since many people don’t seek out the treatment they need.Dr. Swartzentruber on Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
A lot of people come to the dentist and they're afraid. A lot of people don't come to the dentist because they're afraid. Anxiety's a real thing. We try to make it comfortable. Number one, just having a conversation, getting to know you. When that's not enough, we do have others things that we can help you with. We have laughing gas, a lot of people call it. That's a nice one because it's convenient, you can drive yourself to your appointment, you can drive yourself back to work or back to home. If we're planning out ahead, we even have sedation options where you're basically out to sleep. It's not the big needle in the arm like you would get at the operating room. It's just some pills you swallow, some different medicines you take. We let that kind of work and we keep it all monitored. If you get too deep and your breathing slows too much, we can reverse it.
That’s why we provide a comfortable and welcoming environment at Carmichael Dental Care. Our entire staff is here to help you relax so you can actually enjoy your visit at our Montgomery, AL dentist office.
Call 334-600-1423 for an appointment or a carefree consultation with us today. We’ll take you on a tour of our office, answer any questions you may have, and ensure you’re happy to come back for any treatments.
Comforting You And Your Family At Carmichael Dental Care
If you want to talk in-depth about a treatment, that’s fine! Dr. Swartzentruber and our team in our Montgomery, AL office are happy to discuss anything you wish during an extended appointment. Longer appointments are also provided so you can take breaks during treatment if you like. No pressure, no stress, no rush – your peace of mind comes first.
We also offer pillows, headphones, and TVs in our operatories. Sometimes it’s the little things that help the most, like just being able to zone out with music or favorite shows!
Sedation Dentistry Options
Dental sedation helps you fully relax even if you’re afraid of being in a dentist’s chair. We offer:
- Laughing gas, which is inhaled and soothes you during your procedure, but wears off shortly after your treatment so you can feel normal throughout the rest of the day
- Oral conscious sedation, which is taken in pill form before your appointment and puts you in a barely awake state so you can still communicate with us but feel no anxiety at all (you’ll need someone to drive you to and from our office)
By using the latest and most comfortable dental technology, we can:
- Fully examine your mouth with digital X-rays, which are safer than traditional X-rays, to ensure you receive the most beneficial treatments in the least amount of time
- Treat your gums with laser technology, which works much faster, is more accurate, and reduces bleeding as compared to traditional gum treatment
- Detect cavities early using DIAGNOdent technology, which can prevent you from experiencing dental pain due to decay
Call Carmichael Dental Care in Montgomery, AL at 334-600-1423 or contact us through our online form to schedule your visit or ask any questions. We’re here to help your smile, ensure your peace of mind while we do it, and help you get over with your dental anxiety.
Dr. Chet Swartzentruber, Montgomery, AL dentist from Carmichael Dental Care, is a member of the Alabama Dental Association, and other trusted dental organizations.