Dr. Chet Swartzentruber offers dental crowns and bridges at Carmichael Dental Care to benefit your smile in a number of ways. These solutions can:
- Improve your ability to speak and chew
- Provide you with a more youthful look
- Enhance your oral health by replacing missing teeth or repairing damaged ones
- Improve your overall health, which is linked to your oral health
We are so confident in the quality of these restorations that we offer a three-year breakage warranty for our crowns and bridges. Call 334-600-1423 to schedule an appointment at our Montgomery, AL dentist office, Carmichael Dental Care today.
Gaining A Stronger Smile With Dental Crowns
Dr. Swartzentruber on Crowns Read Transcript
Single crowns, you would be a good candidate if you had a healthy root. Maybe the top part of the tooth isn't so healthy but what's underneath still is healthy and a single crown that goes over a tooth, that covers it, it's going to make it strong. It's really giving strength back to a tooth, whereas a filling does not add strength back, but a crown will. Crowns also really improve the look, not only the shape and the color, but just the translucency. When I say that we are about quality, you don't want a Chiclet in your smile. You want it to look like a nice, pretty tooth. Really the best compliment is to say, “I didn't even know you had a crown in there.”
Also known as dental “caps,” dental crowns are used to improve your smile by:
- Protecting teeth that have been damaged due to injury, failing restorations, wear over the years, or tooth decay
- Filling gaps in your smile with a dental bridge or as dental implant restorations
We provide strong, long-lasting dental crowns that are made of either porcelain or zirconia. Both materials can be created to look perfectly natural next to your existing teeth. Dr. Swartzentruber will:
- Take digital X-rays of your mouth to fully inspect its condition
- Have a dental crown quickly made that will look and feel natural in your smile
- Gently bond the crown to your tooth
Providing A Full Smile With Dental Bridges
Dr. Swartzentruber on Bridges Read Transcript
Bridges are a treatment we do frequently. A lot of times, someone will come in with a broken tooth, or a bad tooth, and we have to remove it. Well, to replace the tooth that is now missing, we can do a bridge where we make a piece that goes from one tooth to the other and spans that open gap there now. You know, sometimes implants are not an option. Nowadays, with technology we have, implants are sometimes favored, but bridges are still very good. I can replace a tooth that's broken the same day with a bridge and people love that. We can put a bridge in and replace a tooth that's broken the same day and it's gonna look great. That's the advantage over getting an implant which a lot of times, you can't get a tooth the same day. So, people like the bridge option that don't want to go with a hole in their mouth.
Dental bridges are used to fill in gaps in your smile left by missing teeth. Dental crowns will be used to create your bridge, which will remain in place by attaching to existing teeth on either side of the gap. We also provide bridges that are supported by dental implants.
You’ll be able to eat much more comfortably and enjoy increased confidence thanks to your beautiful new smile. Your oral health will also benefit greatly from filling in the space in your smile. Missing teeth can cause your other teeth to shift and your jawbone to deteriorate over time, which leads to other dental and even overall health issues.
Making Sure You’re Comfortable During Your Procedure
We offer sedation dentistry to calm your nerves and ensure you feel no discomfort during your procedure. Our sedation options include:
- Laughing gas to temporarily relieve your stress. This will be inhaled and wear off shortly after your treatment so you can feel completely normal later in the day.
- Oral conscious sedation, which is taken as a pill and is stronger than laughing gas. You’ll be in a completely relaxed state but still able to communicate and walk. A friend or family member will need to drive you to your appointment and help you get settled at home afterward.
Call Carmichael Dental Care at 334-600-1423 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Swartzentruber, Montgomery, AL dentist today. He’ll make sure your smile benefits the most from either a crown or bridge at our relaxed Montgomery, AL dentist office.
Dr. Chet Swartzentruber, Montgomery, AL dentist from Carmichael Dental Care, is a member of the Alabama Dental Association, and other trusted dental organizations.