Dining out with family and friends is something you should look forward to. If you have a hard time chewing because of dental problems, Dr. Chet Swartzentruber and Dr. Shawn Keahey want to make sure you can comfortably enjoy any meals in public or even when you’re relaxing at home.Dr. Keahey I'm Having a Hard Time Chewing Read Transcript
If we had a patient come in and ask about a hard time chewing, the process we need to look in, we want to look at the skeletal muscle. We want to address the area where the pain has come from. What kind of pain: is it sharp? Is it a dull, achy kind of pain? Want to check to see if we have any broken areas, filling material, and then also, X-ray at the time and physical exam.
After we've looked at all those things and talking with the patient, we figure out a treatment plan to help with their difficult situation at the moment.
The most common causes of having a hard time chewing are damaged or missing teeth, both of which we will help you with using Montgomery dental restorations. Our doctors can:
- Eliminate toothaches that are preventing you from comfortably chewing foods
- Improve your digestive system by repairing damaged teeth or replacing missing teeth so you can properly chew foods
- Help you eat harder, beneficial foods such as apples, carrots, and nuts
Call 334-600-1423 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Swartzentruber or Dr. Keahey today.
Strengthen Your Smile With A Dental Restoration
To help you enjoy each meal as you should, our doctors provide the following services:
- Dental Crowns – Crowns protect teeth that have been damaged. We will make yours appear completely natural in your smile.
- Dental Bridges – Bridges are made of strong, tooth-colored porcelain or zirconia to replace a few missing teeth in your smile.
- Dental Implants – These prosthetic tooth roots hold your replacement teeth firmly in your mouth.
- Dentures – Complete your smile and get enhanced chewing ability with dentures.
- Tooth Fillings And Root Canals – These treatments relieve you of dental pain that may be causing difficulty chewing.
During any of these treatments, you will be completely relaxed and feel no discomfort or dental anxiety. Our professional dental team is here to offer any assistance you may need as well as sedation options, including:
- Laughing gas, which briefly puts you in a mild state of euphoria
- Oral conscious sedation, which is taken before your treatment and is stronger than laughing gas yet allows you to communicate with us during your treatment