If you’re experiencing dental pain, contact Dr. Chet Swartzentruber at 334-600-1423 immediately for swift and comfortable emergency dental care. At our Montgomery, AL dentist office, we:Dr. Swartzentruber I'm Afraid of the Dentist Read Transcript
If a person came in and said, "I'm afraid of the dentist." I would just sit back and maybe take my white coat off and just joke with them and get them to laugh. The first thing is to kind of get them to relax and be comfortable and just have a conversation. I don't even pick up a sharp metal object at that point. We just have a good time.
- Keep a chair open each day in case you or a family member needs to be seen ASAP
- Provide immediate pain relief, as well as dental sedation if you choose
- Offer effective treatment to save your injured tooth, gums, and existing teeth
If you call us after hours, our voicemail provides you with Dr. Swartzentruber’s cell phone number. So don’t hesitate to call Carmichael Dental Care whenever you’re in pain.
Providing Instant Comfort While Caring For Your Smile
When you arrive at our office, Dr. Swartzentruber will examine your mouth to determine what is causing your discomfort. We will then numb the painful areas of your mouth to provide relief before beginning any treatment.
If you suffer from dental anxiety like many other people, we offer dental sedation to calm your nerves. Our options include:
Also known as “laughing gas,” this form of sedation is simply inhaled and works fast to soothe you. You’ll feel mild euphoria and remain relaxed during your treatment. A major benefit of nitrous oxide is that it wears off quickly once your appointment is finished, so you can function as you normally would throughout the rest of the day.
Oral Conscious Sedation
Taken in pill form, this is much stronger than nitrous oxide. You’ll feel very drowsy, but you will remain awake and capable of communicating with us while you receive treatment. You won’t be able to drive yourself home, so have a friend or family member bring you to our office.
Dental Services To Relieve And Prevent Your Dental Pain
If you’re experiencing a severe toothache, Dr. Swartzentruber may recommend:
- A root canal if your pain is being caused by damaged pulp inside your tooth, which he will determine by taking a digital X-ray of your mouth
- A tooth extraction if your tooth has been damaged by severe decay or an injury and cannot be saved
- A dental crown to place over a damaged tooth once it has been treated for decay or trauma
- Other restorative dentistry options to replace missing teeth if they have been knocked out or need to be extracted.