It doesn’t matter if you’re 27 or 67 – time sets in and plays a role on your appearance, whether welcomed or not. Many people look to new haircuts, cosmetic facial treatments, fitness routines, and more to restore that youthful look. And there’s nothing wrong with any of that. If you’ve noticed signs of aging on your smile – perhaps your teeth are dull, worn down, or chipped – a set of veneers could make a surprisingly big difference knocking years off your age.
Veneers can work wonders for a smile that’s starting to show its age. In fact, you could see not just a brighter smile like you had in your youth. You can see improvements to your teeth that you never even had when you were younger, like:
- Perfectly aligned teeth
- Longer teeth that don’t look worn down anymore
- Instant correction of chips, cracks, and even surface flaws
To find out more about transforming your smile with veneers, call us at 334-600-1423 today.
Are You a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Before we do anything else, we’ll see if you’re a good candidate for veneers. That will include:
- A thorough visual examination by Dr. Swartzentruber or Dr. Keahey
- Digital X-rays that give us a detailed picture of your dental anatomy and any potential problems
- An assessment of your oral health, as we’ll need to address any decay or disease first
- A discussion on what you’d like to correct with repairs and how you’d like your smile to look
Before you visit us, though, here are things to look for to see if you might benefit from veneers:
- Dull, stained teeth, especially those that don’t respond well to whitening
- Cracked or chipped teeth (front teeth)
- Pits and grooves on the tooth surfaces
- Worn-down teeth
- Teeth that look too short
- Teeth that don’t fit in with their neighbors
- Slightly crooked or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Extra pointy teeth
A set of veneers can actually conceal all these issues as soon as we put them over your teeth. Let’s take a look at that process now.
See How the Veneers Process Works
If your teeth are healthy, we might look at reshaping your gums if your veneers need a little more room to look natural, or if we make your veneers a little longer than your natural teeth to fix teeth that look too short. We also may recommend teeth whitening first if you’d like to match your veneer shade to a brighter color than your natural teeth color. Of course, as mentioned, we’ll address any oral health problems if necessary first.
All that aside, we’ll start ASAP on your new and improved smile. In fact, it takes most of our patients just two visits to go from old smile to new smile with veneers. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll work together to get the size, shape, and color just right. If you’d like to bring photos of your favorite celebrity smiles for inspiration, we can talk about what you like about their teeth.
- We’ll prep your teeth to make sure the veneers fit perfectly. This involves removing a tiny bit of enamel from your tooth surfaces.
- We’ll take impressions and measurements, then send those to the lab.
- The lab will custom-craft your veneers by hand, then send them back here.
- We’ll have you come in for a fitting, make any needed adjustments, then cement them onto your teeth.
- You’ll leave our office with an immediate smile makeover that will potentially last decades with good care.
Veneers are a considerable investment in your smile and your appearance. You’ll want to make sure you choose a skilled cosmetic dentist with an artistic eye. Don’t be afraid to ask about previous work and outcomes. For example, Dr. Swartzentruber has done hundreds of veneers cases and keeps up with the latest techniques via his membership in the American Academy of Facial Esthetics.
Find Out If You Can Afford Dental Veneers
Many of our patients came in hesitant about the cost of a set of veneers. That’s understandable, and it also requires discussing the quality of veneers and how long they can last. Over time, your porcelain veneers from our office can last up to two decades, so your money goes a long way. Even so, we offer Lending Club financing solutions and even a 20 percent discount through our savings plan.
We also offer a three-year breakage warranty, so you can rest assured that we would take care of any craftsmanship issues with your new veneers.
If you consider the advantages of a celebrity-caliber smile, we think you’ll quickly find that your investment has paid off. We’ve had several patients who said their new smiles boosted their confidence to the point that they found new opportunities socially, romantically, and professionally.