The best cosmetic improvements are often the subtle ones. Let’s face it: you want people to notice your improved appearance, not the hair color, makeup, or even plastic surgery that makes you look better. Given that, it’s not surprising that many folks are less than satisfied with the look of their smile after they get dentures.
Too often, replacement teeth look too big, too white, too uniform, too “fake.”
In our Montgomery, AL dentist office, you can get cosmetic dentures that fit you perfectly and look perfectly natural. Instead of asking about your new teeth, your friends and family will wonder if you’ve lost weight or changed your hairstyle. They’ll know you look better, but won’t necessarily know why!
To find out more about cosmetic dentures or other dentures options, call Carmichael Dental Care at 334-600-1423.
Do You Worry About Dentures?
Do you worry about dentures? If so, you’re not alone. Thirty-four percent of respondents to a recent survey said they felt their replacement teeth limited their ability to live their lives to the fullest. More than half of them reported their love lives were affected, while 38 percent believed their career had suffered. More than 20 percent admitted to avoiding a job interview due to dentures!
According to another study 46 percent of dentures wearers wanted to change the appearance and/or support of their replacement teeth. More than half of people said their dentist didn’t give them a choice of different materials or other dentures options.
The Cosmetic Difference
Montgomery, AL dentists Dr. Chet Swartzentruber and Dr. Shawn Keahey offer Cosmetic Life-Like Dentures made by the award-winning Root Dental Laboratory. Thanks to the lab’s expertise, you can choose from nine different styles of dentures, all of which come in sizes ranging from petite to extra large. Even the base resembles real gum tissue, because the lab use multiple layers of color. We’re so confident in the quality of our replacement teeth, we even offer a three-year breakage warranty.
Choose From Multiple Dentures Options
One of our dentists will work with you during a cosmetic consultation to help identify which dentures option will work best for your smile. Your two basic choices are:
- Full, to replace an entire mouthful of teeth. They can sit on top of your gums, or we can attach them to dental implants for added stability.
- Partial, if you still have some teeth. Like full dentures, they can be attached to dental implants.
Among the factors you’ll want to consider: how many teeth are missing; condition of your remaining teeth; overall oral health; your lifestyle; and your budget.
Dental Implant Dentures Offer Lots of Benefits
Dental implants are small titanium rods that are embedded right in your jawbone. We’ll refer you to an oral surgeon for this procedure. Then our Montgomery, AL dentists will attach dentures or another restoration of your choice to them. Because implants stimulate your jaw in the same way that natural tooth roots do, your bone will remain strong and healthy. You won’t get that “caved-in” appearance that makes you look older.
In addition to a stronger jawbone, dental implant dentures offer:
- Longer-lasting fit. Because your jaw won’t shrink, you’ll need fewer adjustments to keep your dentures fitting properly.
- More security. Your replacement teeth aren’t going anywhere, and you can forget about using messy adhesives.
- A choice of maintenance. You can select dentures that you can remove for cleaning or ones that only a dentist removes.
- A bite like you were born with. Your dentures won’t slip when you eat your favorite foods. Go ahead and enjoy that crunchy apple or juicy steak!
And of course, they’ll look completely natural, if you choose cosmetic dentures.
Our Doctors Will Get You Ready for Dentures
If you need to get teeth removed before you can get dentures, our dentists will gently extract them. In fact, we can get your replacement teeth made prior to your procedure, so you can receive them right away. You’ll never have to be without teeth!
We’ll thoroughly numb your mouth, and you can also choose to receive dental sedation. We offer two types, one of which will be right for you:
- Inhaled sedation, or laughing gas, for a lightly euphoric sensation that takes effect quickly and wears off quickly too.
- Oral conscious sedation in the form of a prescription pill, for a deeper level of relaxation.
To find out if cosmetic dentures in Montgomery, AL are right for you, call 334-600-1423.